StartupBlinks Contributors Programme offers recent graduates, students and general ecosystem fans the opportunity to gain direct experience with data research in the fields of business and startup innovation. This will be a one-of-a-kind academic and career programme and will give you the chance to be part of a remote and global team of passionate professionals.
StartupBlink releases the most comprehensive annual report of startup ecosystems, ranking 100 countries and 1000 cities. We owe a great deal to our team of dedicated contributors for their help in accomplishing this report.
We are always looking for new Data Research contributors to support our team. All eligible candidates can submit their application here!
What We Offer
- Prepare for the competitive job market with continuous professional development
- Gan rich research knowledge on the field of startups and data analysis
- Be part of our dedicated Telegram channel where you can ask questions and connect with other industry professionals
- Build a compelling Linkedin profile and enhance your CVs with practical work experience to stay in the cutting-edge of your industry.
- Join our monthly team building calls, including periodic calls with StartupBlink’s top leadership.
- Feature as a Contibutor in the “Data Research Contributors” section of StartupBlink’s Global Ecosystem Report, that is shared with dozens of public sector officials and startup ecosystem developers around the world.
- Feature in the “About” section of StartupBlink’s website until a month after leaving the organization.
- LinkedIn recommendation from StartupBlink’s CEO (upon request).
The contributor programme is also open to organizations and universities. Contact us directly to discuss your needs here.
What you will be doing
As a leader in the space of startup research analysis and ecosystem support, StartupBlink is committed to strengthening our diverse pool of future ecosystem developers in areas of innovation and technology. You will directly help us on the research of startups across different locations with the final goal of having the most accurate and robust information on our map and 2021 Global Startup Ecosystem Report. Interns will gain insight into the technical and administrative operations of StartupBlink, with free access to our knowledge base and the opportunity to impact decisions on relocation and investments across the globe.
There will be a variety of projects to pick from based on your interests and current events. You will be compiling and analyzing data from our global network of startup ecosystems to ensure the most accurate information is presented. StartupBlink is also involved in vertical projects in specific industries like our latest Coronavirus Innovation Map, showcasing cities and countries leading the fight against the pandemic.
StartupBlink has overseen and launched projects with current and new partners to develop accurate ecosystem maps with information that will help developers make relocation and financial decisions. Some of the projects we have worked on are:
Startup Blink Ecosystem Map – Following a successful pilot in 2015, the Startup Ecosystem map is an interactive platform with data on hundreds of startups, coworking spaces, accelerators, investors and so much more, from across the globe.
Covid Innovation Map – The Coronavirus Innovation Map is a collaboration project with the Health Innovation Exchange by UNAIDS and Moscow Agency of Innovations. It highlights notable ecosystems that are paving the way in the fight against the pandemic in the fields of diagnostics, prevention, treatment, life and business adaptation and grant and support initiatives. You can access the full Covid-19 Innovation report here.
Learn more about the work we do on our “About us” page.
StartupBlink Contributor Programme: What do we look for in an intern?
- Interest in everything startup related, especially ecosystem-wise, and a high level of motivation!
- Working-level of English.
- At least 50 hours of collaboration, in a span of 2 to 4 months.
Some of our Data Research Contributors
Danait Kebede is a Marketing and business development professional with skilled experience in private and international organizations focusing on project management, and providing business consultation for SMEs
Luis Jordana is eager to learn all things tech related. Currently a Computer Science undergraduate from University of San Carlos, PH, he was introduced to the world of Startups and SMEs and has grown a strong interest in helping with discovering these potential young companies.
Dr. Aleia Bucci is a consultant and researcher focused on entrepreneurial ecosystems. She received her PhD from the University of Pretoria’s Gordon Institute of Business Science, focusing her research on social entrepreneurial learning during incubation programs. Aleia is currently working with startups via Techstars Boston.
All application submissions are stored in our database and evaluated by hiring managers. Shortlisted individuals will be contacted by StartupBlink on the email they have supplied in their form.
If you’re interested in this great opportunity, please contact us through this form.