StartupBlink is committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on its website and in using its products and services (“Offering” or “Offerings”).
What We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use our website and interact with us. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, or payment card number. We also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us.
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Processing your order, including payment transactions.
- Providing you with a membership subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Creating an account.
- Enabling the use of certain features of our membership.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
- Allows us to compile statistics on Web Page Visits
- We and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our website with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness and helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
- We collect and subsequently process the Data that you voluntarily provide on the registration form on the Website and information you voluntarily provide to other sites to whom we access via Application Program Interface “API’s”.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our website, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering the membership service, you have requested.
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our membership service and your online experience.
- A personalizing website, newsletters and other communications.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from StartupBlink or from our partners.
You can edit your communication preferences at any time. See Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences below.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Offering(s), sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of StartupBlink, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Personal Data is stored on the premises of the Website host in Germany and is kept only if necessary for the purposes set out above.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behavior of visitors to our Site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computing device.
Third party websites
We may from time to time send you updates and mailings relating to StartupBlink Offering(s) that we think may be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive marketing mailings from us, you may unsubscribe from these marketing mailings by following the unsubscribe instructions in any such message or contact us. Your email address will be removed from our marketing list. Please allow us a reasonable period to satisfy your request, as some promotions may already be in process.
If Personal Information you have submitted through any of the websites is no longer accurate, current, or complete, and you wish to update it, please contact us via this page. Upon appropriate request, we will be glad to update or amend your information, but we reserve the right to use information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate and lawful. Furthermore, you may also oppose the processing or transferring of your Personal Information to the extent the laws of your country of residence require you to have a legitimate reason to do so. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed from such locations. We may, from time to time, reach out to former users of the website. Lastly, we are not responsible for removing or deleting information from the databases of third parties (such as service providers) with whom we have shared Personal Information about you.
The services are intended for a general audience and are not intended for and may not be used by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and we do not target the Services to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us using the details in the Contact Us section below. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
California Residents – Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices concerning sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please Contact us.
You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. Please note that we will not accept inquiries via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures to help protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access or disclosure; unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure its security. You use the Services and provide us with information on your initiative and risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the details in the Contact Us section below.