The Shop Local crowd commerce platform will serve to strengthen neighborhood economies and create local jobs by exciting neighbors to work, play, and shop locally through the web, mobile app, and carefully curated events. (Groupon + Yelp + Crowd commerce for your neighborhood.)
For example in San Francisco, 90% of the Bayview and Hunter’s point shop outside of the district. Companies like Fresh and Easy grocery that have been hard to bring to the Bayview have closed.
1) Create a neighborhood social media and crowd source campaign easily ie. Shop Local
2) Incorporate gamification to create neighborhood rewards and deals to shop locally
3) Create easy ways to settle transactions using mobile commerce
4) Create a new category of currency based on time banking, use your time helping the community as currency in local markets
5) Expand emerging local industries like cottage industry (ie. new food retailers), popups like artist galleries by providing Shop Local SAS and crowd sourcing