SMGO is an online TV network & crowdfunding hybrid built to save canceled TV shows. Put another way, we're raising capital from passionate fans by pre-selling them show related items, and usuing that capital to pay the licensing fees for a new season of their show.
• SMGO is a crowdfunding, streaming and eventually fan engagement rating platform - SMGO monetizes fan passion to “save” cancelled TV shows by pledging for reward packs (merchandise related to the new season)
• SMGO’s model is unique and superior to Kickstarter and other established crowdfunding sites – 90 day window, selling an already sold product, larger scale projects, streaming platform
• SMGO signed its first preliminary contract with a major studio; October 2013.
• SMGO signs up 1 out of every 5 uniques; the industry median is 1 out of 20.
• SMGO's pilot program had an average contribution of $91 / backer; $20 greater than Kickstarter
• SMGO's pilot program had a 10% conversion rate