There are 3 main problems in bread industry of Armenia:
1. poor quality of bread. Chemical additives are used in order to shorten production time at dough resting stage.
2. no brand leader. Although bread is FMCG, most of it is sold unpackaged and unbranded. Bread is not perceived by manufacturers as a product that should be marketed.
3. low productivity. The industry is divided among 1000s of small companies that work at about 300-400 kg/day productivity which is a low volume for efficient production.
The solutions are:
1. high quality bread without chemical additives.
2. creating brand leader in the industry and marketing it as any other FMCG.
2. efficient production. Organizing production of about 1400 kg/day productivity at the first stage of the project.