The number of NGOs operating in US alone is estimated at 1.5 million. In 2011, US public charities reported over $1.59 trillion in total revenues and $1.49 trillion in total expenses.
Approximately 26.5% of Americans over the age of 16 volunteered through or for an organization between September 2009 and September 2012.
We plan to build a platform called NGOKarma which will allow:
1. NGOs to interact with millions of users at the same time.
2. Users to interact with multiple NGOs on same platform.
3. NGOs to reward or acknowledge user contributions publicly.
4. Sponsors(Ad providers) to contribute to NGOs directly.
5. Sponsors to reward users who contribute to NGOs by providing discounts.
6 Users to collaborate with NGOs online.
7. Users to plan and divide their philanthropy among various NGOs.
8. NGOs to use big data . This will help them in targeting the right audience.
9. Users to monitor their monthly or yearly contribution to all NGOS in a single place.