Entac Medical is developing medical devices for predictive and diagnostic medicine based on a novel platform technology, audio spectral analysis. Its first application, PrevisEA, is a late stage, Class II noninvasive, disposable device that is clinically proven to predict post-operative ileus (POI) in surgical patients (GI paralysis occurs 2-6 days after surgery in 25% of patients). Prediction of ileus risk improves treatment protocols and patient outcomes while reducing readmissions and saving hospitals millions of dollars in unnecessary treatment costs.
- Applied to the abdomen with existing medical adhesive tape
- Enclosed microphone detects certain sounds emitted from the bowels
- Microchip containing signal-processing algorithms analyzes sounds
- LED display indicates the level of risk that the patient will develop POI
- Worn up to 12 hours for maximum accuracy