Donors Cure is a non-profit organization that allows donors to fund specific biomedical research projects led by researchers at participating universities and institutions across the United States. Our goal is to connect members of the general public directly with scientists, both to offer an alternate means of funding biomedical research while making the research world less foreign.
How It Works:
1) Universities and institutions sign up to participate in Donors Cure.
2) Researchers at these universities post proposals on DonorsCure.org that are written in terms that non-scientists can understand.
3) Donors can visit DonorsCure.org and browse through projects and fund those that mean something to them with donations of any amount.
4) If a project is funded, Donors Cure writes a grant to the researcher.
5) While the researcher completes the work, they update their donors to show them what goes on behind the scenes.