Android devices will generate $400 billion in data use by 2017.
The DEx Android systems app automatically reduces bandwidth as it becomes more expensive-- that is, when:
- a user approaches a quota or spending limit
- network congestion decreases available capacity
- operators increase prices
For consumers, a simple premise: bandwidth adjusts to constraints. Don’t run out of gas, drive slower.
Automatic: Bandwidth is reduced as the user approaches a limit (spending, battery)
Manual: Override to increase bandwidth
Safety: Throttle high frequency background data traffic
For operators, device-based controls to reduce congestion, improve QoE, and provide new pricing options.
- Self-optimizing real-time congestion detection and optimization
- OTA controls to optimize traffic
- Shift marketing focus to bandwidth and latency
For developers, an API to provide metrics that allow them to maximize app performance within bandwidth and latency constraints.