We love watching online video, but watching and finding something good to watch is hard. Have you tried simply watching a YouTube video on your TV lately?
Churn.tv is an online video platform that takes what makes watching TV so easy and applies those things to consuming online video:
- Few barriers to start watching
- Shows roll into each other
- Channels of content curated by humans
We also avoided what currently frustrates us about online video consumption:
- Recommendation engines lead to filter bubbles of “popular” content
- Current video apps don’t understand that I watch different content at different times of the day/week.
Churn is a platform of user-curated video channels. Content is streamed from sources like YouTube and Vimeo. Any user can create a channel, and start adding individual videos, or add any feed (RSS, twitter, YouTube user) to automatically continue to populate a channel with content.
We're using it ourselves, it's addictive.